Monday, October 3, 2016

Conferencia General



This week has been the best so far. Our investigators are all progressing. We had 6 investigators come to a session in Conference. We had at least one at every session. They felt the spirit so strong and for some this is their first time coming to church. We have been focusing our attention on progressing our investigators, in weeks past we found a lot but our investigators werent progressing. Now they are making steps toward baptism.
 
I{ve taken Conference for granted all my life, I am spirtually edified. Conference was great, I was able to watch it in English for most of it. My favorite talk was about Sincere Prayer from Juan A Uceda of the 70. At times its easy to go through the motions in prayer. I loved it. Pray with sincerity always and with your heart, not your lips. His story on the Inca Trail was awesome.
 
I have come to realize the Importance of the Spirit in the life of a missionary. The spirit has helped us to find people who are ready to recieve our message, kept us out of harms way, and helped me to understand the needs of people. If we have faith the spirit will help us with what to say. I have never felt the spirit so much in my life until now.
 
I am more comfortable and confident with Castellano every day. Its amazing how the Lord truly blesses us with the ability to learn the language quickly.
 
We replaced a scrap metal roof...... with more scrap metal, For an Elderly Lady in our branch.
 It was interesting and tons of spiders and bugs all over it. I got some bites...Im living though.
It wasnt too hard but it was great to do service.
 
Funny and Interesting Things
 
Every Man in Our Branch Tried To Arm Wrestle Me. None were victorious.
 
We had a blackout last night. THUNDER STORMS ARE SO LOUD HERE. SOUNDS LIKE SHOTGUNS ON THE ROOF.

During the Blackout a guy went outside to sell flashlights. (smart guy)
 
Ive been told I have parasites probably in my body already. (Great)
 
I HAVE NEVER SWEAT SO MUCH IN MY LIFE, ITS SO HUMID. And its not even the worst of it.
 
Pictures
1 DANIELA SANCHEZ
2​​ POST CONFERENCE MEAL
3 THE ROOF BEFORE
4 THE ELDERS OF MONTEROS OLD AND NEW (Elder Gongora, Elder Bigler, Elder Cloud)
 
ALL IS WELL, MUCH LOVE
 

Elder Batman




No comments:

Post a Comment