Monday, September 26, 2016

El Caballero De La Noche



​​HEY,
 
This is the last week of this transfer(6 week period), it's been so fast. It feels like it's only been about 2 weeks. It's crazy.
 
I had Tramites in Salta (Paperwork to make sure I'm legal in Argentina)
I had to take a 4 hour bus to Salta with Elder Rich and Elder Towns, we are all new. We survived and we did well without our trainers. I reunited with Elder McGrath (my companion from the MTC) he is well and it was so great to see him and it was like right where we left of. He's still hilarious.
 
This week was good, my fear of talking with others in Castellano and messing up is gone. Our numbers of street contacts has gone up drastically and we have a lot more new investigators. We had a lot of lessons this week. We were pretty on fire. We've been teaching more with members and the success of the lessons has been more prevalent. We taught one investigator, Jose, with another progressing investigator, Leonel, helping us. It was good for both of their growth in the Gospel.
 
I have been told that my accent in Castellano and my construction of sentences are my strengths right now. I don't sound like a gringo at all. My weaknesses are definitely conjugation in the past tense with preterit and imperfect. I also have a big lack of vocabulary which comes with time. My growth is rapid.
 
I have come to really love the people here of Monteros. I have a lot of time here, but I can't imagine right now leaving this place for a different area. Our Branch is getting stronger and stronger every week and my love for the people here gets stronger.
 
I have also came to realize how blessed missionaries are when we are doing the Lord's work. It's amazing how many people the Lord has prepared to hear our message. We just have to stay faithful and intune with the Spirit of God to find them.
 
Funny Things:
 
My name is circling around Monteros. Random people will yell BATMAN!
It happens multiple times a day in a city of 25,000.
 
A parrot yacked on my shoes during a lesson. Nice.
 
The Man at the VISA place would have me come to the desk just tell me a joke about Batman. It got annoying cause I just wanted my paperwork.
 
Elder Beary, our zone leader, has 1 week left. Kids thinks its funny to yell words in English to make fun of us? These kids we're doing that and Elder Beary just yells in english, SHUT UP AND KEEP WALKING. The kids we're so confused and didn't know what it mean't. IT WAS HILARIOUS. Probably not very missionary esque but hilarious.
 
PICTURES.
1 and 2: These are two out of the three massive cockroaches I killed in the span of 20 minutes. GROSS.
3. DANI, return missionary, He is a stud.
4. Noche De Hogar, (Home Night)
5. Tramites (Elder Towns, McGrath, McGrail, Rich, and Petersen)
6,7,8 : Photos with Hermanas Adams and Flores. And Elder Cloud. I am laughing really hard in one of them.
​​
 
Love you all, Ciao

Elder Batman​​








No comments:

Post a Comment