Monday, October 10, 2016

Persistence

 

EVA AND LEONEL SANCHEZ ARE GOING TO FINALLY BE BAPTIZED THIS NEXT SATURDAY. They have been investigating the church for 7 and a half months. They are in a part member family. Jose and Daniela Sanchez are members and are very active and strong. Eva and Leonel come to church every Sunday with them. Eva has known the church is true and enjoys reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church but has been afraid of change and taking the step to baptism. Leonel has slowly progressed and accepted a date to be baptized on the 15th of October a couple weeks ago. He was wanted to change the date back to a different day. We fasted for them to continue on this path and help them to find the answers they need in this gospel. During church Eva talked with our Branch President and us and she finally said she wanted to be baptized with her son on the 15th. I am so excited for them. I truly love their family. They are amazing.
 
That happened at the end of the week which were great blessings. But this week has been the hardest week so far. I have learned a lot about myself and my purpose as a missionary. I have a lot of Pride and I need to work on being more humble. I know through work and much faith in the Lord he will help me to become more humble. We had investigators drop us this week which has been disheartening but its okay. We have been tracting a lot and not had much success. We will keep working with persistence and see what we can always do better.
 
The work is hard but I am learning more and more.
 
 
Funny Things
 
We got a ride from one of our members, Dani, he started playing Tupac in the car and it was weird to hear rap music in the mission. It was hilarious and asked if he understood what was being said. He said no.
 
I got my butt grabbed twice this week by women. Im telling you the thirst of the snakes here are real.
 
We got called Amish?

 I messed up cutting my hair and had to fix it so my sides are really short. It is not mission appropriate. It will grow back. Leonel said I look like a gringo Cristiano Ronaldo......
 
I love you guys, I think about you guys all the time. I hope all is well with you all.
 
CIAO
 

Elder Batman








No comments:

Post a Comment