Monday, October 31, 2016

Batman Baptizes


Hey Guys, this week was pretty great.

Jose was baptized and it was awesome. I did the baptism and it was a great experience. Getting a baptism is like a spiritual high. Its great. Jose is excited to progress more in the Gospel. He loves to read the Book of Mormon and come to church. His Mom is interested in learning more after seeing the change in her.   He can become a Deacon in December 24. I am excited for him. I believe he will be a missionary some day.

I am reading right now El Libro de Mormón and Jesus The Christ by James Talmage. I am learning so much from both. Jesus The Christ is in English, it´s huge but I am learning so much about Christ and his ministry. I invite you to read it, I have learned so much about our Savior from it.

Hector, one of our investigators, is progressing well. Hector is a bit simple, he got in a motorcycle crash years back and suffers brain damage. His memory isnt good and hes a bit slow. He cant read well because of his sight. BUT HE IS THE MOST RECOGNIZING OF THE SPIRIT. He can´t learn by knowledge, he learns buy how he feels. The Gospel is changing him for the better. He would smoke 20 cigarettes a day and now hes only smoking 3 a day. PROGRESS. We taught about Eternal Families in Gospel Principles at Church. HE CAME TO CHURCH TOO, STUD. He loved the idea that he can be with his wife forever, but hes not married. (like everyone else in the freaking country) After hearing that he said he likes the idea of that and wants to get married and evenutally sealed in the temple.

I gave him a blessing the other day, my first one, to help him quit smoking. That is one of the most spiritual experiences Ive had. I was scared and nervous to mess up, but every word came to me without thought.

The next day he said he smoked, but he said in the middle of smoking he was like, Why am I smoking? And he ashed it. And said he didnt smoke the rest of the day. He says he doesnt feel like a desire to do it anymore. And that prayer has helped a lot. Ive never thought that in a million years this 50 year old man would ever progress in the Gospel. That testifies to me the importancia of the Restored Gospel, and how it can change ANYONE.


I am a sarcastic person, and people here think my sarcasm is hilarious or they take it seriously. (Latino Humor is dry and not very funny...) I have taught people sarcasm, in particular Eva Sanchez. She says sarcastic jokes now and its really funny. I have taught her well. I might have created a monster though...

Funny Things. 

The Elders of Famailla and us had a feast last monday. 1 and a half kilos of Chicken Milanesa and 3 kilos of Ice Cream. That was not a good decision...

A member wanted me to listen to a song that he had that was american. It was Juicy J. (Juicy J is an american rapper, for those who are over 30)  It was OG Kush, he played it after our lesson. It was really funny because I would never pictured that happening.

All is well here. Love you all

Elder Batman 







No comments:

Post a Comment