Monday, August 29, 2016

The Dark Knight Rises



Hola familia y amigos.
After 30 hours of traveling I finally made it to Argentina. We didnt use a bus to get to Salta we took another plane. Thank goodness.  I tried to talk to people on the plane to Salta.  I talked with a lady named Sonia about the church. in spanish. It went better than expected! She accepted a pass along card.
President Chaparro and Sister Chaparro are so great, and loving. They made me feel right at home. We had a great Argentine meal at their house after. It was amazing. So much food.
My trainer is Elder Cloud. He is from Bryce Canyon, Utah. He's been in the mission for a year.  He knows his castellano. He's a great guy, humble, and a great leader and teacher. We get along well.
Im kind of the silent companion right now. I dont know how to say or understand much of what people are saying. I can bear testimony and read scriptures. I try to talk though and they understand me I just cant understand them.
My first area is Monteros in the District of Concepcion in the Province of Tucuman. Its 5 hours away from Salta. Monteros is pretty chill and peaceful. Unlike Tucuman, Tucuman is a little crazy and dangerous.
People are so nice here. My dad was right. When Argentines feed you theres no such things as seconds. You are gonna have seconds whether you want to or not. Its only thirds. This is the best food Ive ever had. The meat is so good here. In Argentina theres this thing called siesta. They have a big meal at around 1 and everything closes down until 5 cause they''re all sleeping.
I am apart of a branch. Our church is about the size of half a basketball court. We only have 30 active members. My first sunday the speaker didnt show up and guess who had to speak......Yup. I had to give a 15 minute talk in spanish about bearing burdens. And I did pretty well. I totally screwed up some words but its all good. Our branch president and his family are so kind. President Nieto and his family. We are fed by investigators and members every day at lunch. We only eat like once a day cause the meal is so huge at lunch.
We have bikes in this area. Its been nice. Teaching is awesome. WE have some great investigators. The Sanchez family whos part members and Eva, the mom, isnt a member as well as Lionel, the son. They have been investigating the church for 6 months. They know its true they just dont want to get baptized in fear of what theyre friends and extended family will think. Its been a challenge but were  working with them.
FUNNY THINGS
Woke up to a cockroach next to my bed. (NICE)
People get hammered on Sunday and roam the streets.
A drunk guy saw my name tag and yelled  YO SOY ROBIN.
A guy offered me a 40 oz of beer on sunday I said no and he said we drink this to symbolize the blood shed from christ.
THERES STRAY DOGS EVERYWHERE
Ive had hair in 4 out of the last 7 meals ive had.
People think my name is hilarious and call Elder Cloud Robin.
I have no photos to upload right now. I cant upload through my camera, cause theres not much wifi around. Im working on it.
Please have one of my best friends Elder Luke Dunn in your thoughts and prayers. He was in a tragic car accident in traveling in his mission in South Africa. He's currently in the hospital in not to great of condition. From what I've heard he's still unconcious. It would be greatly appreciated.
I love it hear. Im learning more castellano every day.
Love you all!
Elder Batman

Elder Batman

No comments:

Post a Comment