Saturday, August 13, 2016

Week 5

I'm ready to get out of here. I got my flight itinerary. I leave from Salt Lake to Atlanta at 2pm. I arrive in Atlanta at around 8 pm and stay there for 2 hours. I leave to Buenos Aires at 10pm and don't arrive until 9:30am. That's all the flight info we have. We're really in the dark about it. Some say we get additional flight info when we get there. Others say we're taking a bus to Salta. WHICH IS 13 HOURS.

Elder Neil L Anderson of the 12 spoke on Tuesday. He talked to us about Faith and Miracles. It was very strong and I learned a lot from him. He said faith is like a flame. You don't need a huge flame RIGHT NOW. But you need to keep fueling it always and strive to build it more and more, or it will go out. 
He said as missionaries we are on the lords errands and are entitled to the Lord's blessings. As long as we work hard, are clean and obedient, and have faith. Miracles will come. We will need miracles on our mission. It really made me think. I believe in Miracles, but did I believe Miracles will happen to me and my investigators in my mission? I wasn't so sure. That questioned me and I know I need to keep building my faith and put so much effort in to love and serve the people and the miracles will come.
Elder McGrath and I taught a member that lives in Argentina through skype, she spoke very fast. I only understood probably 25 percent of what she said and I'm sure my conjugation was terrible. We taught about Faith and Trials. It was a good lesson, she understood our message and said she needed to hear that. 
We also taught an investigator that was just trying to throw wrenches into everything he said. He asked why bad things happen to good people. I was explaining that, and then he just said why did God let 911 happen? I said as missionaries we don't have all the answers but God always has a plan and we showed him the story of Alma and Amulek and he just didn't really want to listen. He never really looked us in the eye. I learned from that experience some people aren't ready to hear the Gospel.  But the other person with him was receptive and we invited him to go to church and he said he will. 


Right now in the MTC we're just polishing our craft and are getting ready to depart. I have infield orientation next week. I'm excited. I've came to really love my district and our zone. We're all pretty close. I'll miss it here for sure. The district that came a week before us leaves and I'll miss them. 

I make sure to have fun. So let me tell you about the Legend of The Luchador. Several weeks ago some Elders checked there vent for stuff and found a box. They opened the box and found the a denim mask, jean shorts, a bunch of nerf guns and a note that said El Luchador. Every week the Luchador comes out and shoots Elders in the dorms with the Nerf Guns. It's been passed on district to district. When you sent me the mask I used my Black compression leggings and black longsleeve and put a blanket on, and the Batman was born. We had an epic battle. Thus the legend of the battle of El Luchador and The Batman were born.​​​

Miss you guys,

Elder Batman​










No comments:

Post a Comment