Saturday, August 6, 2016

Hola familia y amigos,

This week has pretty lax. The MTC has gotten a lot easier. It's all a routine. You can tell who the new guys are in the MTC based on how they walk and look around. Speaking of new guys. The MTC just accepted around 800 new missionaries this wednesday. It's pretty crowded right now.

Highlights of this week:
We asked our investigator Lori to be baptized, and she accepted. Lori said she was baptized in the Catholic church and asked why she needed to be baptized again? I explained to her the importance of baptism by immersion by someone who holds the power and authority of the priesthood. We then extended the invitation and she was excited and said she felt comforted by my words. That lesson made me realize in full the Gift of Tongues is real. Through faith and a lot of work it comes to you. I was saying spanish words I didn't think I knew in great fluidity. Elder McGrath said he was in shock.

I WAS SICK ALL THIS WEEK. I MISSED ONE CLASS ON MONDAY. I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND I WASTED TEN DOLLARS FOR HIM TO TELL ME I WAS SICK. I have had a sore throat all week, and have been really stuffed up. I threw up on Monday. I'm feeling better now. The doctor told me not to exercise for three days but I still did the next day. I defintiely over did it. There's been a bug spreading throughout or district and the MTC

Every week we have a Spanish vs German futbol match during exercise time on friday. It gets competitive, and it's like 25 people on a team. Everytime we score we yell Viva Espana! I've acquired a liking for futbol. I just play Defender and I've gotten pretty good at defending at stealing the ball. I can boot the ball pretty far as well but that's about it. My nickname is "El Muro de la Argentina" (The Wall of Argentina)

Spanish oops of the week: I meant to say "the gospel has changed my life. Very thankful."
El Evangelio tuve cambio mi vida. Mucho agradicido. But I said gracioso instead of agradicido. Which means I said that gospel has changed my life. Very funny.

Found out that Elder Holland will be giving a devotional our last Sunday in the MTC. That's so awesome. I will have heard from two apostles in my stay in the MTC.

We get our Flight itenary on this coming Friday. It's exciting. They say when you get that it becomes surreal.

My companion is a really good singer. He auditioned and is going to preform singing at a devotional, hopefully it's the one Elder Holland speaks at.

I definitely have gotten used to cold showers. Sometimes we don't get hot water but I've started to enjoy cold showers more.

Nate and Justina came in this week. I see Nate at lunch almost everyday. I see Justina multiple times a day because her class is just down the hall from me. It's refreshing to see familiar faces here.

I'm really loving it here. This is the place I need to be. This place humbles you and has tried my faith but I'm so much stronger of a missionary now. I know that as I keep working and staying in tune with the spirit I will be an effective missionary. The spirit is the teacher, and I am an instrument of the spirit. Without the spirit there is no power and comfort with the words you say.

I've realized that my prayers have been more sincere and more blessings have been recieved when I pray in spanish as opposed to english.

Thankful for you guys, you guys are in my prayers everyday. I miss you guys, hope all is well.




Elder Batman















No comments:

Post a Comment