Sunday, August 21, 2016

Family

We have came to this world to be tested. To experience happiness, endure trials, make covenants, so we can return to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father and our brother Jesus Christ. As part the plan on earth, we are here to have families and be sealed together for time and all eternity. The Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. I was heard an amazing quote in my time at the MTC. "I'm leaving my family for two years, so that I can bring other families together for eternity."
Raising a family in the church is so important. It is a moral compass for families in the dark days of the world today. It is a constant reminder to raise your family to liken unto Christ. The Gospel provides the help for the trials our families endure in this life. 
My family has always been the support and has shown me love every day in my life. There was a period in my life where I was quite wayward from the straight and narrow path. My family never gave up on me and never gave in to me. They never doubted there doubts this church was true. They knew that the Gospel blesses families. They never gave up on me and gave me so much love and support and always believed that I would find my way.
 My father has always been an example to me of what it means to be a worthy priesthood holder, and been amazing patriarch of our family. I strive to be a father and always be a worthy priesthood holder as he has been to me. My mother has always shown much kindness, charity, for her family and everyone around her. My mother has worked hard in her life to be in tune with the spirit. She always knows when something wasn't right with me. I hope to find a future spouse that is as in tune with the spirit and has as much of a love for her family like my Mom.
It is comforting to me to know that when my life on earth is over it will never be the end for my family, that I will be sealed with my mother, father, and siblings. It is comforting for me to know that after my mission when I find an amazing loving woman to be married to, that I will be sealed to her and my future children forever.
I testify that families are forever. I testify that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the moral compass and the help we need in these latter-days. I testify that God is our loving Heavenly Father that knows us personally, and has a plan for each and every one of us. I testify that he wants us to have families and raise them in righteousness. I know that he wants our families together forever in his presence. I leave this testimony with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment