Saturday, August 20, 2016

Last Week In the MTC

Well this was my last week in the MTC. It's quite strange. I leave on Monday. I have began to pack and get last minute things to get taken care of. I was told that I need to try to prosleyte in the Atlanta airport and Buenos Aires airport. I bought a Spanish and English Book of Mormon and will try to contact people in the Airports.

I'm really nervous yet so excited to finally get to Argentina. My spanish can get me by in lessons. Argentines speak so fast, I know I will ask them to repeat themselves quite often. We just had in-field orientation. It taught a lot about how to find investigators, how to plan effectively, and how to use the members to your aid and help them. I learned a lot.

I was evaluated on my Spanish. I was told I speak the language quite well, I'm easy to understand and my pronounciation is well. I need to work on my conjugation (shocker). I was proud of myself. I've taught probably 10 plus lessons this week. It's became so normal. The days are going quicker and quicker for me. I LOVE TEACHING. I love seeing it in someones eyes when they feel the Spirit of God and know what I'm saying is true. It's much more of a testimony of truth because I know my spanish is not easily understood.

Funny Highlights:

I had one last battle with the Luchador. I started a new tradition with the Batman. I passed it on to a worthy recipient. I put my mask and black underarmor shirt and tights in a box and wrote a note saying something along the lines of "By accepting this noble honor, you swear your allegiance to the brotherhood of The Dark Knight." and "You must protect the values of Truth, Justice, and the 2nd floor from the evil doings of El Luchador." The Elder will pass it on when he departs as well. He was pretty stoked about it.

My companion said Me gusta su cuerpo (I like your body) instead of me gusta su corbata (tie) to our male investigator. It was hilarious. Our investigator looked concerened then laughed. I corrected and said Corbata, si? The investigator said ahhhh. and then died laughing.

I don't think I'll recieve hand written letters but if you send them hears the address for Salta!

I copied and pasted this.

 To send a letter, use this address for the Church's private mail system (affectionately called "the pouch"):
     Elder/Sister Full Name
     Argentina Salta Mission
     PO Box 30150
     Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150
Note: this address is for letters only, NOT currency, checks, photos, etc. Envelopes violating this policy will be sent back. To send a package, use the street address for the mission home shown below.

Mission Home Address:
Los Eucaliptus 75
Salta, (4.400) Salta
Argentina

Mailing Address:
CC 429
Salta, (4.400) Salta
Argentina 



Love you friends and family, next time you hear from me I will be in Argentina!

CIAO,

Elder Batman






























 

No comments:

Post a Comment