Saturday, July 30, 2016

Hola Famila y Amigos,

The MTC is starting to feel like a blur. It's all a routine. You do pretty much the same thing everyday. I'm starting to mix days together and it's weird. I'm enjoying it still though. I get my work done and have learned my strengths and weaknesses when it comes to learning the language and how to overcome the weaknesses.

We started TRC. TRC is teaching investigators that aren't teachers pretending to be investigators., but real people that volunteer or are paid to be an actor investigator. I feel that I learn the most through lessons. Elder McGrath taught 1 or 2 lessons a day this week. Some people don't like it or have a hard time. I LOVE IT. I love teaching investigators in lessons. We invited our investigator Diana to read the Book of Mormon and asked that she would pray with real intent if what she read was true. She said she would and on Lunes (Monday) we will invite her to be baptized. The spirit is so strong in the lessons despite it being staged. It's crazy to me. Eventhough it's not a real investigator, it's no cake walk. She asks difficult questions and we've studied, pondered, and prayed about them and we would have an answer for them. 

The language is really coming to me when it comes to teaching lessons. I feel like I really only know spanish in gospel words and terms. I've always sucked at memorization but I've figured out ways to help me.  I know El Invitacion Bautismo and Primero Vision in Espanol from memory. I'm learning Moroni 10:3-5 and Ether 12:27 right now to memorize in Espanol. It's really impactful. 

Sundays Devotional on Pioneer Day we had the Nashville Tribute Band come and have a Sunday Concert for us. They're all LDS and all served missions. If you have the time look them up, they're music is all church related and brings the spirit in a country fashion. The last song they played was called "Delta Napkin" and it's about serving a mission. Please listen to it when you have the chance. They sang it and it was very spiritual and they invited us to sing it one more time with them and I don't think there was anyone in the room that didn't shed a tear. It really hits hard about being a missionary and leaving your family. I heard the best quote the other day and it made me emotional thinking about it. 
"Missionaries leave their families for two years so they can help bring families together for eternity."

Some himnos just sound so much better in Espanol. Called to Serve and Jesus is My Light was made for spanish. There's one hymn in the spanish hymn book that isn't in the english hymn book that has became my favorite hymn. It's himno number 88. It's called Placentro nos es trabajar. It's sounds beautiful and it's very powerful. Speaking of music. Elder McGrath and I have been called as Branch Music Coordinators. We're in charge of picking the himnos each domingo, and giving special musical numbers.

It's a lot of hard work here. But it's so worth it. I make sure to get my work done but also try to have fun and still be myself. I'm growing more and more each day. And learning more and more in the scriptures. I love and miss you guys and appreciate all the support.


Hasta Luego,

Elder Batman


Oh by the way. I was teaching an investigator this week and I said El Libro de Mormón es verdadero con toda CERVEZA. What I meant to say was CERTEZA which means certainty. So I said the Book of Mormon is true with all BEER. The investigator was cracking up. I realized what I said and I was started cracking up as well. 

I'M LEARNING OKAY😂



Elder Batman





No comments:

Post a Comment