Monday, July 3, 2017

The Refiner's Fire



Hey guys.

Well sorry I didn´t write last week. Had to get going fast.

We are working hard here. This area really is a test. The things don´t come as as easier as they did in my areas before. We aren´t achieving what I want to achieve. BUT, It´s not about what I WANT. It´s about what the LORD wants, but I have to give it my all. And I know I can give MORE. I KNOW WE CAN GIVE MORE. There is a great and marvelous work prepared for us here in Monterrico, Jujuy. And we just gotta keep going and working hard. 

Everyone talks about how the year mark to 15 months is the refiners fire of the mission. Where you really become the missionary you want to be. If I want to be lazy and give a minimal effort I can just throw the towel in and give 50 percent.

I´m not out here to give 50 percent. I´m here to give it my all. I´m here to be a different man. I am here to become a consecrated missionary and change and save the lives here in Argentina. The steps I make here help me become the man I need to be. I want to be a humble servant of the Lord. I want to work miracles. I want to make a difference here.

I have been studying a lot lately about weaknesses. I know I got a lot of them. I know I got a lot to work on, but I´m willing to put it on the table and humble myself before my Heavenly Father that he might strengthen me. That he might give me power over my weaknesses. That he might make me a better man, missionary, and priesthood holder. 

There´s a lot of work to be done here in a lot of aspects of the work.
We are working hard to find new people, and we just got to keep looking, keep looking outside the box, keep having the faith that there are people waiting to find peace and comfort through knowing that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth, that Families can be together FOREVER, that death has no victory, that we can overcome sin and addiction.

I´ve been digging deep to strengthen more my testimony of my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. I got to talk about him more, he´s EVERYTHING. I got to know more of him and his teachings so I can help others to change. I´ve noticed a lot of things. I know I´ve done a lot of good but I can do a lot better. I am in the Refiner´s Fire and I´m willing to let the Lord make me in to the person I need to be. I´ll keep you updated on my progress.

We had two baptisms in our district. The sisters of Perico had the baptism of Miriam and Agustin. I had the opportunity to do their baptismal interviews. It was my first time. I was so nervous, but It was such a spiritual experience. They were so prepared and so happy to make such a promise with God and take the name of his son upon them. It was a very emotional experience. Miriam cried a lot, for happiness. It was such an honor.

Our District is working hard, I love being District Leader. It´s great to see their efforts and the rewards of their efforts. I know the Lord is blessing us a lot.


Today we went to Pumarmarca. It´s a canyon desert. It´s a little pueblo (village) thats mountaneous and dry. It has El Cerro de siete Colores. (the Hill of seven colors) It was very fun, and has cool hikes. Elder Mejia and I went with the zone leaders, the elders from Aeroparque, and the sister training leaders from Papalà. It was an adventure. Our zone is becoming more unified.

Love you guys,




Élder Batman
Rama Monterrico
Monterrico, Jujuy
La Misión Argentina Salta





No comments:

Post a Comment