Monday, July 31, 2017

Birth



Hey guys. This week was amazing! Well I got my hijito! (New Missionary I'm training.) His name is Elder Gueller, he is from Denver, Colorado. He's the first companion I've had that I CAN TALK SPORTS WITH. (my prayers have been answered) We get along real well. He talks very well for someone that just has a week in Argentina. He's really willing to work and he's very positive. Our humor is very similar, and we are have a way of showing unity through sarcasm. I'm really glad I get to train Elder Gueller. I know he'll amount to great success in the mission and be a great leader. I'm glad that I got a companion that believes this area has a lot of potential. I know we make a big difference together these next three months.

Monday Night and Tuesday morning and afternoon I stayed with the zone leaders Elder Chambers and Elder Marino. (Because I didn't have a companion for until Wednesday) We got a lot of work done in their area, Alto Comedero. I learned somethings from them. They said that I'm doing well as district leader and that they like the progress of my area and district. It's always good to know that. We're working hard.

Tuesday Night the zone leaders took me to the terminal to go to Salta. NORMALLY, I would have had to go with another Elder to Salta. But there wasn't any other Elders training from Jujuy. The only other person training was Hermana Daldegan, from my district. So I had to sit by her in the 2 hour bus ride to Salta without companions. It was weird to not have an Elder with me and to be alone with a sister. Hermana Daldegan is a hard worker and I really have a lot of respect for her as a missionary. When we got to Salta, Hermana Daldegan took a taxi alone to her destination and I took a taxi alone to mine. I had to go to the pension of the AP's. I got there at 9:30 and NO ONE WAS THERE. I called and they said they would try to get there when they can. So I sat outside on the curb with my little suitcase reading the Book of Mormon. NO ONE CAME UNTIL 11 o CLOCK. I was sitting alone for an hour and a half. I didn't really care but it was so weird cause as a missionary you're always with someone 24/7. It was weird to be in solitude. So the AP's and the other office elders arrived I talked Ball with Elder Olsen one of the AP´s until 1 am. but the other trainers didn't arrive until 1 and 3:30 am. I didn't really sleep well.

Wednesday, We had a meeting with President with all the trainers and he told us how we should train them and what things we should and should not do was very spiritual. We had the meeting with the trainers and newbies together and it was real interesting. 13 new missionaries. Of the 9 elders, 3 were Latino and 6 were Gringo.
I got Elder Gueller and after lunch we took the bus to Jujuy with Hermana Daldegan and her hijita Hermana Smith. 

We arrived at our area at 5 pm. We got a call from a member that wanted us to come with him downtown to give a blessing to a Dad of his friend, who is in the hospital. The dad was in critical condition. I felt impressed in the blessing to say that he would wake up again. The friend, Juan, of the member asked if we could come by his house saturday to talk and so he can learn more about the life after.

When Saturday came that lesson was so spiritual. They felt in peace knowing that God has a plan for us. We answered all of their questions, Elder Gueller participates all he can. He gets a little lost because it´s hard for him to understand the fast Argentine speakers. But he did great. I said a prayer to end and the Mom of Juan said she felt a heat going through her body. We testified that was the spirit working through her and Juan said he felt it too. They invited us to come back Thursday. They have a lot of potential and they really want to know more.

A lot of other great miracles have happened this week.
Investigators that stopped progressing have started progressing again. We are being really blessed her. This week has been the most obedient and diligent I´ve ever been in my mission. I want to be a good example for Elder Gueller I want him to be a successful missionary and we want to make a difference here in Monterrico. I know we can. The spirit is really guiding us here. I am really happy to be training. We are preparing a lot of people to be baptized in this next couple of weeks.

Much love,



Élder Batman
Rama Monterrico
Monterrico, Jujuy
La Misión Argentina Salta







No comments:

Post a Comment