Monday, July 24, 2017

Trainer



Hey guys, well this week was good our district had another baptism. The sisters of El Carmen baptized a little girl named Belen. I did the baptismal interview for her and she knew so much for a 9 year old, it was crazy.

Well today is transfers. My companion Elder Mejia is going to Salvador Mazza in Tartagal. It´s on the border of Argentina and Bolivia. I´ll miss that guy. We got a long real well.

I´ve been called to be a trainer! I´ve been wanting to train for a long time. Sister Daldegan from El Carmen will also train. So that means every companionship in my district will be going through training. It will be quite interesting. There´s 9 Elders and 4 sisters that are coming. AND THEY ARE ALL GRINGOS. So I´m gonna have to help someone learn the language….Oh boy. I´m up for the challenge though, I´m gonna have my hijito )son=! I´ll have to stay with the zone leaders today and tomorrow. I leave for the mission home in Salta tomorrow night. The elders will sleep in the pension of the AP´s. Wednesday we´ll have a meeting in the mission home and I´ll take my hijito with me back to Monterrico. I know this will be a good experience for me. It will definitely test my patience but I´m up to grow that.

I´m going to keep the attitude positive and help this new missionary to believe that Monterrico is an area of gold and that there is a lot of potential. I know it will be a bit difficult with a companion that won´t know how to speak the language but I know the Lord will bless us to bring his work forward in Monterrico.

We had interviews with President Orquera this week. I loved President Chaparro don´t get me wrong, but I really feel like President Orquera really gets me and will help me to progress more. He´s very understanding and sensible of the Spirit. He was pleased with our work in my district and area. I told him how I wanted to train and he said I´ll give it some thought and looks like he and the Lord agreed with me! He called me yesterday in the night to tell me that I would be training and how big of a responsibility it is and how that he knows I´ll be a great example for this new missionary.

Sunday we ate a huge asado )steak= in the house of the Barro family. They did it because Elder Mejia was leaving. It was the best asado I´ve had so far in the mission. IT WAS SO MUCH MEAT. I was so full. It was so good. Gotta love the asado.

Funny Things

We were in El Carmen with the sisters of El Carmen waiting for Belen. We were in the plaza and two snakes )girls that want the missionaries= cornered me and asking me where a street was )just an excuse to talk to me= and then asked where I was from and all these questions while trying touching my arm and shoulder in the most flirty way….. It was so uncomfortable haha.. My companion and the sisters were just laughing not trying to help me out at all. Anything I said they rolled the r´s like doing a purring sound, or just talked in a very provactive way. They said how they speak English and that I should teach give them private lessons ) I told them that´s not gonna happen=, like they were trying WAY too hard. I told them that the sisters of El Carmen could give them a visit and I took down their direction and they´re like ÿou´re gonna be there right_¨and I said ÿeah maybe!¨)NOOO= I gave them a Book of Mormon in the beginning and they tried to give it back in the end and I said no It´s for you guys, and they were like ¨wow a gift thank you sooo much.¨and as I was looking at my planner one of them kissed my cheek and the other tried to also but I put that swerve on her hardcore. Freakin´Snakes man….It wasn´t even my area. The sisters haven´t let me live it down. Viva Argentina.

I´ll let you know next week who´s my hijito and how it goes. I appreciate the emails and prayers. Love you all!


Élder Batman
Rama Monterrico
Monterrico, Jujuy
La Misión Argentina Salta

No comments:

Post a Comment