Monday, July 17, 2017

Mr. Wedding Planner



WELL TIME FREAKIN'FLIES.
I hit the one year mark. ONE WHOLE YEAR. I've been in fightin'in the Lord's Army for good whole year. (I burnt a tie in honor of the occasion)
  
Call me Mr. Wedding Planner, cause Celeste and Dario got married! 
Which mean alsos that Celeste was able to be BAPTIZED!
We've had to wake up at like 5 am everyday this week to wait in civil registries, hospitals, goverment establishments, etc. A lot of running around to help Dario and Celeste to get hitched and so that Celeste could be baptized. It was a lot of work to do, and our patience was running thin. Now that's it's all done we can take a breath of relief. Dario and Celeste seem real happy. Celeste is real excited to progress with her family together in the binds of marriage and work towards growing her testimony and arriving at the temple in a year. She has a lot of faith. They are a young couple with a newborn baby. (Celeste, 22. Dario, 20) But they know what it is to put God first in their lives. They are trusting in him, and I know that through their faith they will be blessed and guided in this path they've entered together.

I've done a lot of reflecting personally, having reached a year in the mission. I have grown a lot personally in my testimony, as a missionary, and as a person. I am happy with my progress, but I know I can grow MORE. I have amounted to good success in this year but I know I can do BETTER. I have made plans and set goals that will challenge me to give more than I am giving. To help me grow as a Man, Disciple of Christ, Missionary, and Priesthood Holder. I know I need to keep growing and excercising my faith and trust in my Heavenly Father. That I need to be more accountable to him, myself, and others who count on me. That I need to be more obedient with exactness, and to use the sacred time that the Lord has given me to better advantage. I know I need to lead by a powerful example, and listen with sincerity. I have a lot of things to work on, and I know the Lord will help me progress in these areas. Little by little, I will get better.

I keep trying to keep a good atitude here, and It's working and helping to make a little of a difference here. We haven't found any new people that have potential or desires to find out more, but we keep looking. They're waiting for us we just haven't gotten to them yet. Every Elder that has been in this area hasn't said positive things about Monterrico. I am trying not to buy into what they say, because I know attitude makes the difference. I know this area is difficult but it's worth the struggle and there are people that need to come closer to Christ and be baptized here in Monterrico, Jujuy.

I love my district. We're all working really hard. This is the 3rd week in a row that we've had a baptism in our district and it seems like we're gonna keep the streak going for the weeks to come. The sisters from Perico and El Carmen made me banana bread, fudge, and a poster that says "HAPPY 1 YEAR, ELDER BATMAN! They put a trick candle in the banana bread, it was really funny. Our district is really united and we're working hard out here. For district meeting I gave a capicitation about finding new people and being valient in sharing the Gospel. I felt the Spirit working strongly through me, testifying the words I was sharing with power. I felt that my message was heard and that it's made an impact in our district in finding new people. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME. IT WAS ALL THE SPIRIT. It was quite a spiritual moment to have been a vehicle of the Spirit to motivate my district to find more and to trust in the Spirit when sharing the Gospel with others. Our district has done very well in finding new people this week. We are looking for the people the Lord has prepared. 

This is the last week of the transfer, and we're going to try to give it our all and find the people that are prepared to recieve the Gospel in our area. They ARE out there. We just gotta keep looking, and testify as representatives of Christ. I don't know what will happen, or what changes will be made, but we're gonna keep working like it's week 1 of the transfer. All we can do is work and President will make the changes that are necessary for the mission through the inspiration and revelation of the Lord.

Funny Things This Week:

I fell asleep in the hospital waiting room, and I apparently was snoring.

For the 2ND TIME in my mission, a dead cockroach was in my drink, and didn't notice until it was in my mouth.

Dario was trying to wrestle with me and kept bugging me so I took him down and put him in a cradle. (Shout out to my best boy Chandler for the teaching me the move on the mats of Pitt Wrestling Club)

A man said Oh S**t in the middle of a lesson because his phone died. We asked where he learned that word, and He said without skipping a beat in the most latino accent you could think of: "Die Hard".

The grind continues in Monterrico, I am thankful for your emails, thoughts, and prayers. Love you guys. 

LES QUIERO MUCHO!


Élder Batman
Rama Monterrico
Monterrico, Jujuy
La Misión Argentina Salta




No comments:

Post a Comment