Monday, June 5, 2017

Why Am I Here



Hey guys, this week was pretty good in the way that I feel like I have learned a lot this week, and I am grateful that for the experiences I have had this week.

Why am I here? I believe every missionary has asked that question in one way or another to themselves on their mission. Why am I out here? Whats my purpose here? What does God need from me here? 

I feel like this week I came to ask that. I love my mission, dont get me wrong. I am so thankful to be out here, and have enjoyed the experiences I have had out here.  But I felt the need to study, meditate, and pray about the question I had. What is my purpose here in Argentina? 

I felt like I didn´t know my purpose, that I didnt feel like a successful missionary.  I wasnt changing my nature and becoming more consecrated to the work of our Heavenly Father. For sure we are baptizing here, but baptisms doesnt make a successful missionary. Yes In South America the baptisms come a lot quicker than in other parts of the world but really, baptisms dont make a successful missionary. I just felt like I was not giving my ALL.

This week was really hard. In away that I found myself in tears praying to my Heavenly Father asking him to help me find my purpose, help me to become and feel like a successful missionary
​.



I studied hard the scriptures and felt that I needed to be more humble, that I need to be more obedient, that I need to be more diligent. I learned that the time of the Lord is very sacred. And 2 years is short time in the work of salvation of souls. Not just the salvation of others but the salvation of my soul also. That now is the time for me to become to man I want to be. I want to be a hard worker. I want to be humble man. I want to be a man that is always able and willing to act on the Spirit, and his Priesthood Duties. 

Now saying is easier than doing. I felt like Im a guy who talks more than he does, and I want to become someone who does more than he talks. But really now is the time. To become the person I want to be.

I have recieved a lot of experiences this weeks and miracles to help me find my purpose here in Argentina. To help me in the direction I need to go to become a more consecrated and successful missionary. I know that I am here for a marvelous work, and I know that my Heavenly Father wants to bless me and guide to save the souls of his children. I know many are waiting to hear the power of my sincere testimony, and that I must not fear man, and open my mouth and bear it with the Spirit. 

I AM HERE AS A REPRESENTATIVE OF JESUS CHRIST.

I AM HERE TO SAVE SOULS.

I AM HERE TO BUILD THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

And I and my brothers and sisters in missionary field with me doing the same thing fighting the same battle. And we must do EVERYTHING WE CAN to maximize our potential, our time, our efforts and consecrate more to this work.

I have prayed and covenanted with my Father in Heaven to become more of a consecrated missionary. I know it wont be easy, but it will be worth it. And I know the Lord will be with me hand and hand along the way.

I love you all, And I am thankful for your prayers and support everyday.

Élder Batman
Barrio Universitario
San Miguel de Tucumán, Tucumán
La Misión Argentina Salta












No comments:

Post a Comment