Monday, June 12, 2017

Keep It On The DL



Hey guys, so I finally left Universitario. It´s been a sad goodbye. I have really came to love Universitario. I will never forget the experiences and memories I have had there and the people I have come to love there.
We had the baptism of Mayra Càceres Saturday. She asked me if I could baptize her. I feel like the fruits of my labors finally paid off. After 6 months, Mayra finally got baptized! It was a tough effort and my companion and I fought for her and tried very hard. We felt like the Lord did his part. We showed our willingness and he put his hand in the work. 

A lot of goodbyes this week. I don´t like goodbyes. I like to just work and move on, but It was quite sad to leave there. So many families and people that I will never forget. (Familia Caceres, Familia Trejo, Familia Gomez, Familia Santucho, Graciela, Jose Paz, Obispo Salinas, etc)  I didn´t think I would cry but man the tears got to me. I hope I can visit there again.

I have been transferred from a strong ward to a weak branch. I have left The Ghettos of Tucumán to The Fields of Jujuy. It´s so weird. I actually don´t feel like I need to worry about getting robbed here haha. I have been called as District Leader. This is my first time and I am excited and nervous at the same time. My companion is Elder Mejia. I lived with him in the same pension in Salta. I get along real well with him. He is from Medellin, Colombia. I call him Pablo Escobar. We have a district of 6. Elder Mejia and I, and 4 sister missionaries. Let´s see how this goes....
My papi, Elder Cloud, is our Zone Leader so I´ll get to veritfy with him and do divisions with him haha. 

I feel like the challenge is upon us now. I am excited to get to work here. It´s gonna be a test but I know we can do wonders here. I am excited for the challenge. I know Elder Mejia and I are gonna find some new people and baptize some great converts.

Sorry not much time, but thank you for all the love and support!

Ciao!





Élder Batman
Rama Monterrico
Monterrico, Jujuy
La Misión Argentina Salta













No comments:

Post a Comment