Monday, March 27, 2017

EL PADRASTRO (THE STEP-FATHER)



Hola familia y amigos,

I got my companion this week. Elder Garcia, he is from Guatemala Capital. He´s got 4 months in the mission. He just finished his training and I am his second companion in the mission field. Your first companion in the mission field is called your Papi (Dad) and your second companion is called your Padrastro (Stepdad). So I am a Stepdad, and Elder Garcia is my hijastro (stepson).  We get along really well, he was a seminary teacher before he left on the mission. HE IS ONLY 19 YEARS OLD. He´s a stud. He knows his stuff. It seems like his training did him well.

Elder Black, who lives in the pension with us, became a Papi this transfer and is training his hijo(son) Elder Ferreira from Sao Paolo, Brasil. I understand about 80 percent of what he is saying because some words he says is in Portugues. He´s a stud though. 

We will have a baptism this week, Santiago Argañaraz. A chico that is 9 years old. He´s the son of a hermana that is less active. She is trying to come back to church, and is excited that her son will be baptized. I will be baptizing him and I am excited. He likes the church.

Santiago Santucho that was baptized recently will recieve the Priesthood with his Dad, Miguel. I am so happy for them and there decisions to live the Gospel. They are progressing really well.

I had the opportunity to visit Monteros today. I visited Leonel, My first convert, and his family the Famila sanchez. And Jose, the first person that I baptized. They are doing great and I really missed them. The Familia Sanchez knew I was coming but it was a suprise for Jose. I showed up and he looked at me like he saw a ghost. He started crying and ran at me and almost tackled me the way he hugged me and hugged for like a solid minute. I almost cried. I have heard that he has been really firm in the gospel. He has the Priesthood and is doing very well. I am so happy for him. His mom said that ´´if I I try to ground him from the playing futbol or friends he doesn´t care, but if I try to ground him from church he will ball his eyes out´´ He loves church that much. I am so proud of him, his mom is getting close to be baptized. He talks all the time about how he wants to serve a mission in the future. This is what missionary work is about. Changing the lives of others. Helping others to become closer to the teachings and way of Jesus Christ. I love the experiences of this mission, I know I am changing the lives of others with my testimony, but also I know I AM changing in the mission also. I testify that God is alive and among us and when we come closer to him he will bless his in ways especifcally in our needs and desires.

Funny Things

I was cleaning the other day and I took my sneakers out from outside and put them inside and I put them by my bed. I put something else away and there was a SCORPION BY MY FOOT. IT CAME OUT OF MY SHOE. IT WAS SO CLOSE TO STINGING ME. I moved away and killed it with the shoe. It was TINY, but the tiny ones are apparently the more poisonous. IT DIDNT GET ME THOUGH. Tucuman man..

I got sick Thursday and went to the bathroom like 40 times and threw up all day. Fun stuff.

We ran 15 blocks to arrive in time to the pension. The dogs like to chase when you run. I kicked a lot dogs that night.

FOTOS

Elder Garcia

Mayra Caceres

La Familia Sanchez


TODO BIEN ACÁ LES QUIERO MUCHO. CIAO CON AMOR Y CARIÑO, 


Élder Batman
Barrio Universitario
San Miguel de Tucumán, Tucumán, Argentina







No comments:

Post a Comment