Monday, March 13, 2017

1/3 of my mission gone just like that.....



Wow, I have completed 8 months of my mission today. The time flies man, it´s crazy. The times really goes when you´re enjoying the moment.

SO FINALLY AFTER MONTHS OF INVITING AN INVESITGADOR TO CHURCH, SHE FINALLY CAME. MAYRA CACERES, (one of the daughters in the beloved familia caceres) FINALLY ATTENDED CHURCH WITH HER FAMILY. She said she had a great experience and wants to keep coming! (still doesn´t want to be baptized) but little by little we are getting that progress.

Santiago and Joaquin Santucho will be baptized this Saturday: They are studs. They want to serve missions in the future, I know they will be strong and be examples to many. They played futbol with us today with the other missionaries. They have skills. I will baptize Joaquin, and Elder Corbalan will baptize Santiago. He´s excited to baptize someone for the first time.

I have really come to see Elder Corbalan like a brother. I will miss him when he goes this Monday. He has learned a lot and I have learned a lot from him. I know he will be a good missionary in the future. I feel like I have been training this transfer which makes me really excited for the future. I´m not sure what will happen this next transfer, if I am going to train or not, If I´m going to go a different place. I´m not sure. I hope I will keep here in Universitario because there is still work to be done here. I haven´t finished leaving my mark here, however I am good with whatever Presidente Chaparro has in plan.

I have learned a lot this week, and the little things for others really can make a grand difference in the days of others. If we have our eyes, mind, and heart open for opportunities to serve others, we can make a big difference in their days and we can also finda great peace and joy in our lives. Charity is the pure love of Christ and when we try to show charity for others we become more and more like our Savior. I invite you to look for opportunities to help others and do good thing for someone today.

FUNNY THINGS

Saturday Night we were in the house of Miguel Santucho, we were drinking mate and listening to Boca game on the TV that was in the other room. We wanted to start with a prayer before we wanted to share something of the scriptures. Elder Corbalan started to pray and in the middle of the prayer we hear ´´GOALLLLLLLLLLLLL´´ and MIGUEL, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PRAYER, gets up and starts to run for the TV and then remembers that we are praying and stands in front of the TV praying with the face like ´´oh just hurry up please´´ Elder Corbalan finishes his prayer and Miguel says YOU SHOULD HAVE CUT THE PRAYER SHORT MAN! it was so funny. Argentines and their futbol.

Speaking of Argentines and their futbol. THERE IS TWO TEAMS. BOCA JUNIORS AND RIVER PLATE. YOU HAVE TO BE ONE OR THE OTHER IN ARGENTINA. ITS A BIG RIVALRY.  We knocked a door and we talked with a man named Jorge. He invited us in, we shared a little bit of the lesson (he didnt seem that interested), and he started talking about futbol and he asked if I was for Boca or River. And I said I am a fan of Boca. And he said almost with anger in his face for us to get out of his house, and I laughed and thought he was joking and he said no seriously get out of here with your cold heart. WE GOT KICKED OUT BECAUSE I WAS A FAN OF BOCA. MAN FUTBOL IS EVERYTHING HERE.

Fotos
MY DOPE SCRIPTURES (The Portland Temple, David and Goliath, Moroni and The Standard of Liberty, Jesus saving a boy in the river, Philipians 4/13 and Ether 12/27, and The Angel Moroni drinking Mate.) 

My Ward Mission Leader, Exequiel Trejo

Walking and Walking and Walking...

Elder Wilkes, Victor, Elder Solis, and Elder Corbalan

Elder Boveda (Mini)

Elder Black,  Elder Corbalan, and Elder Boveda (I was pinching him that´s why he is like that)


Con amor y cariño,

Elder Batman













No comments:

Post a Comment