Monday, December 19, 2016

LOADING....



HOLA FAMILIA, AMIGOS, CHANGITOS, y my albino friend in Uganda (much love ray ray)

This week... Well I had to stay in the house for two days because Elder Barboza had a fever. So I just had to study for two days straight. I cleaned the house (I put in work) I organized the area book, and came up with a plan to find new investigators because man our area is dying right now. There was a lot of boredom in those two days but I learned a lot in my long days of studying. I find it interesting that now matter how many times we read a certain chapter in the scriptures we can always learn something new that pertains especially to us and our situation.

We had the opportunity to go to the plaza 9 de Julio (see the photos I sent) and contact people for 3 hours with our ward. Contacting is not my favorite thing to do, and I need to get better at it and this 3 hour period helped a lot. The ward really knows how to talk to people about the gospel. I was proud of them. This was the only time I got to slip out of the house, we found a member who could stay with Elder barboza while I went with Fernando Flores. Fernando is 16, and hes been a convert for a year and a half. He goes out with us a lot to help us with lessons. He knows his stuff. His testimony of the church is so strong, and hes very bold for a 16 year old. He will be a great missionary. It felt like I had a real missionary with me. We are gonna spend Christmas Eve with his family, hes a stud.

We taught one of our investigators, Soniel this week. He is a stud and is dating a member. He has real intent to learn about the church. He has a lot of questions that sometimes throw us for a curve. We taught him the Plan that God has for us on the earth about where we were before this life, why we are here, and where we are going after. He seemed very intrigued with this, we invited him to read the book of mormon. He voiced that he really wants to make changes in his life and come closer to God. It was a very spiritual lesson.

I invite you all, to press attention to the miracles and blessings you recieve everyday. Especially that we are this close to Christmas, the Celebration of The Birth of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. There are miracles big and small that are in front of us every day, if you look for them they are there. Remember the blessings you have and the things that you are are blessed with that others are not so fortunate to have. Remember the prescence of The Lord in your lives, how he really loves us and feels for us when we are struggling. How he really wants to help us when we seek for his guidance. Count your blessings.



FUNNY THINGS

I had to go to the bathroom during the contacting the the plaza and the only bathroom was in the Cathedral.....So....I went to the bathroom in the Cathedral and a women asked me about Joseph Smith, and I explained about the Mormon Religion....IN A CATHOLIC CATHEDRAL. (Hey she asked me first, I wasn't soliciting the opportunity) I gave her a Book of Mormon, Fernando testified that we dont worship Saints or Images and we left! We arent allowed to proselyte in other religious places but she literally asked me a question as I was leaving the bathroom.😂 Oops.

One of the counselors in the Elders Quorum Presidency, calls me Ni+ga, during church. He thinks that all americans just call eachother that, Because he watched Straight Outta Compton.. Nice...Its hilarious. I told him that its not a good thing to say but he doesnt care. 

I totally fell hard off my bike this week, in front of a family, in the street. They all asked if I was okay, and I just pulled out the pamphlet that I had in my pocket and started contacting. (Rico Suave)


Feliz Navidad! Recuerden Nuestro Salvador y Redentor, Jesucristo. Les Quiero, Ciao!


Elder Batman









No comments:

Post a Comment