Monday, December 12, 2016

HYDROBIKING




Hola Familia, Amigos, and Changitos.

This week was pretty good. We had interviews with President this week, Zone Training, we are helping a member build a house, and finding a lot of new investigators.

Interviews with President was really good. He helped me out a lot and gave me a lot of advice. Hes happy with my progress with my Spanish and my obedience and diligence in the work. I really appreciate Presidente Chapparro. He is a great guy, who knows how to motivate people to work hard and his knowledge and Faith is really strong.

Zone Training was good, I learned a lot. I need to work more on helping people answer THEIR OWN questions, not just me answer it for them. When people answer their own questions or doubts its a lot more significant. Something that I need to work on!

We are doing a lot of service here. We are currently helping a member build his house, with concrete. We are going to help every Saturday. They are part member and we think its really opening the door for them. They are a lot more receptive to us now.

We have been contacting a lot of references in Barrio Floresta and in Barrio Autodromo. Some seem really ready and prepared to progress in the way of the Lord. We hope we can help them reach their goals and help them find the happiness the Gospel has.

Funny Things

Elder Mejia and I were biking home from the Chapel and there was torrential rain, and the streets were flooded. We biked home and there was a flowing river in the street. IT WAS SO FUN. We were soaked completely in 6 seconds. It was awesome. I almost lost control cause there was a current going the other way. I wish I would of got pictures of the streets. The storms here are crazy.

Agusto, the member who we are helping build his house, knows a lot of English. He calls everything white trash and thinks its hilarious. He asks a lot of questions in English. Hes really funny. He called a chico in the street white trash for having a DC hat. The kid didnt understand. It was really funny haha

I found out that Embarasado does not mean Embarrassed. In fact it means Pregnant. I was telling a story, about something funny that happened to me and how I was really embarassed. I said Yo era muy embarasado. Everyone started dying laughing, I was confused cause I didnt think it was THAT FUNNY. Elder Barboza explained that I said I was pregnant. Haha, oops.

Everything is well here, Love you guys. 



Elder Batman






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment