Monday, September 12, 2016

"Jesus is coming tomorrow, bring the Mate"

Me and Elder Cloud

HOLA COMPADRES,

This week has been pretty swell. We had zone conference this week, and also I had splits with the District Leader, Elder Brundage in Famailla. 
LAST WEEK WAS SO COLD. This week was SO HOT AND HUMID. I've heard that this is nothing yet. It gets real in December with the heat and humidity. 100's mostly. With a lot of humidity. Elder Cloud says your constantly just gonna be drenched when that time comes.

We have 5 people commited to Baptism this week. Elder Cloud and I met with a family, Familia Brotherson, last week during contacting, we gave the first lesson and it was well. They told us to comeback soon. As I was on splits, Elder Cloud gave his daily report to Elder Brundage and Cloud said that they got La Familia Brotherson to commit to baptism. I WAS SO EXCTIED AND HAPPY FOR THEM.

We also got Leonel, of La Famila Sanchez, to be baptized. He has been investigating the church for 6 months. His family is part member. He will be baptized along with the Brotherson Family on the 15th of October! YES

As a young gringo male missionaries we have to be careful with the women. They are thirsty. The Worms, Snakes, and Dragon statement. The Worms are little girls being trained by the big girls to be bad. Snakes are girls around our age that are very flirtatious and find every excuse to touch you and will invite you in to listen only because they're interested in you. The Dragons are similar to the Snakes except they're like Mom's and Older Women. I laughed when I heard this but the longer I've been out here the more this has came to be true.

We have been teaching with one member of our ward. Patricio, he is a former missionary, and is a rock in our small branch. He's great and he's got a big heart and a great testimony.

I've kicked English to the curb, I solely read my scriptures and study in Castellano and I talk only to my companion in Castellano, unless I need help with a word.
I'm learning at a rapid pace.

The food is amazing. Empenadas, Milanesas, Pizza, all good.
They will feed you so much food, you have to put your silverware a certain way or they will put more food on your plate. I can eat a lot but not that much.

I'm losing weight, and also strength. I started a regiment every day of 100 pushups, 100 crunches, 30 Pullups every morning and every night. It's helped me feel like I'm still keeping in shape and some of my strength.

Zone Conference was good I learned a lot and it was good to meet more missionaries in our zone. I have befriended most of them and I love my zone.

I have been sick this week, but it's all good. I'm still pressing on!
It's the worse when you are given contaminated water, and you got to drink it cause you don't want to offend the family. My body will eventually get used to it.

Argentina is 5 years behind in technology and like 3 years behind is fashion and style. It's interesting to see old fads coming back.

I've never valued sleep so much in my life and I have never been so tired in my life, but I love it. The days go so quick. I love being a missionary.

Funny Things

13 peso sandwiches sound dangerous but are pretty good.

A drunk man told us Jesus was coming tomorrow and that he needs to get more Mate for this occasion.

I've gotten mulitple times this week people saying that I look like different white celebrities (Biebs, Ben Affleck, Ross from Friends) but I think mostly because I'm a gringo they think that....

Argentines are pretty racist

All is well here! I'm loving it here!

I invite you all to read Alma 32:11,21-22,36-42 in the Book of Mormon, and James 2:18-26 in the New Testament. Great scriptures about faith.

All is well, Ciao


Elder Batman

 Me and Elder Brundage

 Polluted sunset over Monteros

 My planner

 Empenadas

 Familia Sanchez

 Argentine flag in the sunset

Godfather esquire pic with Elders Utai, Towns and Berry

Elder Towns

Pesos

Bathroom Selfie

Downtown Monteros

My zone

No comments:

Post a Comment