Monday, April 2, 2018

Salta Is Getting A Temple!



Well, as many have heard watching General Conference. Salta, Argentina. My MISSION! Is getting a temple in the near future! It was such an amazing experience to hear our beloved Prophet, President Nelson announce Salta, Argentina as a new site for a temple. 

Our branch was ecstatic and gasped when President uttered the words that a temple would soon be built in their province. There was not many who didn´t have tears in their eyes of joy. They have sacrificed so much for so long having to travel really long distances to recieve the great blessings of the house of the Lord, the Holy Temple.  

It really motivates us even more to know that we are working to something even more greater. That we can help others to be baptized and partake of the saving wonderful ordinances of the Holy Temple that will be close by soon in the future.  What a blessing!

General Conference was really edifying for me and I know without any doubt in my heart that President Russell M. Nelson is a Prophet of God. The solemn assembly was really an amazing moment to be able to have sustained President Nelson as our Prophet, Seer, And Revelator. I know God reveals his words through the Prophets today as he has in the past.

The talks really spoke to me and helped me to find answers that I really needed and to keep going giving my all this last 3 months that I have left. I know I can, and will give more. I loved Elder Bednar talks about being meekness like our Savior.  

´´Meekness is an attribute developed through desire, the righteous exercise of moral agency, and striving always to retain a remission of our sins.” 

“Meekness is strong, not weak; active, not passive; courageous, not timid; restrained, not excessive; modest, not self-aggrandizing; and gracious, not brash,”  

“A meek person is not easily provoked, pretentious, or overbearing and readily acknowledges the accomplishments of others.” 

“Meekness is an essential aspect of the divine nature and can be received and developed in our lives because of and through the Savior’s Atonement,” 

“He will guide, protect and strengthen us as we walk in the meekness of His spirit.”

It really impacted me a ton. I must strive to become more meek. I have a lot to work on but I know through the Savior and his atonement and through willing change I can become more meek. 

I was able to baptize a little girl in Colonia Santa Rosa for the sisters due to lack of priesthood. It was awesome. I baptized her in a little plastic pool thing and it was a really spiritual experience.

Transfers are today and Elder Wilkes is shipping off to Salta. He has been my favorite companion to this point and one of my best friends. I learned a lot from him and we worked well together and had a great bond. I´ll miss the guy. We´ll definitely be in touch as he lives close to me in Utah.

I am stoked to have ELDER Wade Utai as my new companion! I have known him for awhile in the mission. He´s from Taylorsville, Utah! He´s Samoan and he´s bigger than me. We are good friends and have had a blast whenever we´ve been together in the mission and the Lord decided to put us together as companions! I will be his final companion!

New chapter, New transfer. And 3 months to make the most of the last 2 transfers I have left of the mission.
#4thQuarter

Love you all!















Élder Batman
Rama Pizarro
San Ramón de La Nueva Oran, Salta
La Misión Argentina Salta

No comments:

Post a Comment