Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Back To Salta La Linda






Hey guys,

I got transferred! It was a bit of a shock as I thought I was going to stay longer in El Colmenar in Tucumán. I really enjoyed my time in El Colmenar. We achieved a lot of success and the Lord really had guided us and blessed us abundantly to harvest the work he had prepared for us. I am going to miss a lot of families, friends, and converts in El Colmenar. I was a bit sad to leave from there, but whatever the Lord needs of me I am willing to do.

I have been transferred to Solis Pizarro in Salta Capital in the Salta West Zone. I am still District Leader, and my new companion is Elder Josh Parker from St. George, Utah. He seems like a stud. He´s 6' 3 so I feel short compared to him. He was a high school quarterback as well so those Mondays you know were gonna be slinging the pigskin. I feel like we are going to get along real well as we have a lot in common.
My new district is 8 missionaries. Elder Parker and I from Solis Pizarro, the Zone Leaders, Elder Baker and Wolf, from Palermo, The sisters from Limache, Hermana Moore and I am not sure yet who´s the other, and the sisters from Olavarria, Hermana Granda y Hermana Unda. It´s the biggest district I´ve had as district leader and the first time I´ve had the zone leaders in my district. I have a feeling this district is going to be real great. I think we are going to work really hard together and achieve great things and also I think we are going to have a lot of fun together while realizing it.

It seems like the great need here is finding new people. There has been a good amount of baptisms here in the past and the ward is strong in attendance with 100 something members. We are going to focus on working with the members to get references and work with part member families to find new investigators. We will try to work smarter not harder, but we are going to work hard to find the people we need to find.

I really feel a great change in me. I feel like I am really becoming even more of the man the Lord needs me to be. I know I have less then 6 months to make the most of this sacred time the Lord gives us. I want to continue this change in me but more importantly the change in others that the Lord will guide me to do.

One miracle of the week is that we found a family of 12 people through a reference. We spoke with the father and he is very intrigued in our message about the eternal families and that we can find peace through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is a taxi driver and a mailman that works a great number of hours a week providing for his family. One of his sons is disabled and he found great peace in knowing that his son is loved of God and that after this life he will have a body but in a perfect and restored form. The Spirit really was strong in that first meeting and the the sequence of events leading us to find them really was a blessing from the Lord.


I know God is among us, that he lives, and that he loves us. I know we wants us to find peace in him and through the path His Son has showed for us. Pure happiness and joy is only obtainable through living His Gospel. The families are eternal through following His Plan. I know these things are true. I know Prophets are really messengers of the Lord and that Thomas S. Monson was a true prophet of God. May he rest in peace with his wife in the eternities. 

I want to share a scripture that really made an impact me recently.

27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe 

know that if we have faith in the Lord even if it be a particle of desire the Lord can grow that within us if we let him and we desire to cultivate that desire until it grows into something more. The same goes in changes that we want to make or things we want to become better. Even if it be a small desire it can grow and work within us.

I testify of these things. I know they are true and that they can change you.

Thanks for everything guys. Love you.






Élder Batman
Barrio Solis Pizarro
Salta Capital
La Misión Argentina Salta

No comments:

Post a Comment