Monday, January 15, 2018

After The Struggle Comes The Reward



Hey guys,


I´lll share with you what I wrote to my President today
(MY PARENTS DIRECTLY TRANSLATED FROM SPANISH TO ENGLISH SO IF IT´S OFF OR A LITTLE WEIRD IN ENGLISH I´M SORRY)

¨This week was a bit difficult in terms of the work, but I am grateful for my companion, the ward, our district, and the potential in our area.
Our teaching group is very little. Elder Parker and I are everywhere searching for new investigators through referrals, contacts, making goods, etc. The truth is that we HAVE HUNGER to find new ones. Despite all our efforts, the results were few in terms of the sum of our key indicators. We were not happy with our low indicators. We contacted a ton this week and the truth is it was a challenge We contacted some days all day because our plans didn´t work out and to little results. We still keep on the grind, but I will tell you one experience that I had this week that really changed it all for me: 
On Sunday, I was half frustrated by the lack of success in finding. We only had one investigator that had arrived at church and she still needs to get married so she won´t be baptized for a bit.

The time came to go out and work and the truth is that I did not have much desire to work with the little success we were having and finding. It´s been quite strenous and frustrating. I decided to get on my knees and pray that The Spirit would guide me and that I could go out to work with encouragement. After having prayed, a whisper came to my mind that told me "someone needs you today". I felt better and was excited to get out there and put in work. We went to a new neighborhood to contact a reference and on the way a man called to us from his house, asking for a brochure ( he thought we were the JW´s), we gave him one and we began to explain what Church we represented and the message we shared. He invited us inside. His name is Ariel Jimenez. We got to know him a bit and his religous background and and then we proceeded to share the message of the Restoration. He had many questions, for which we were able to answer clearly. He listened with so much sincerity. We gave him a book of Mormon and we invited him to be baptized on Feb. 3. He accepted the goal we put and told us that the discussion did him good and he wanted to learn more and "try out´´ the Mormon church. I know without a doubt that Ariel was the person who was waiting for us. I know that the Lord prepared him for this exact moment. As I reflect on the week, I feel that the Lord wanted us to make efforts and to continue to be obedient, diligent, and giving all the effort we could even though we were not so successful. He wanted us to show him how willing we are to help his children. I know that was a blessing from the Lord, for the efforts Elder Parker and I had put in.´´


It makes me think, that in life sometimes we have a desire or a goal in our mind that we want to achieve but the way of achieving it becomes difficult and seems at times that our efforts are without reason. I feel the Lord wants to help us but he wants to see how willing are we to work for what we want. He wants to bless but we have to give our part and sometimes we have to try even harder to achieve what we desire. 

Sometimes in life things don´t go the way we planned but we have to perservere and keep moving forward. We have to remain obedient to the Lord and his commandments and trust in him that we will help us to keep moving forward. Sometime it requires a little more faith and trust in him. Sometimes we are going to be frustrated and want to give up. But we just got to give a little more.

MOSIAH 24:14
And will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.


The Lord loves us and wants to help us. Sometimes we got to struggle. Sometimes we have to give a little more. Sometimes it´s very difficult and we don´t want to keep

No comments:

Post a Comment