Monday, March 19, 2018

The Godfather

Well, this week was awesome!

FRANCO and LAURA got married!  AND THEY GOT BAPTIZED WITH THEIR DAUGHTER MORENA!  They asked my companion and I to be the witnesses of the marriage. In Argentina, there is a tradition to call the witnesses of a marriage ``the Godparents.`` So I am the ``GODFATHER`` of Franco and Laura. (PADRINO in Spanish) Marriages in the US are so long. Literally the marriage service took like 10 minutes here.

They got married Friday and then Saturday they got baptized. I baptized Franco and Morena and Elder Wilkes baptized Laura. It was awesome. A lot of members showed up and supported them. They were glowing. They were so happy. It`s the first family That The Lord`s ever permitted me to help to baptize. I know that families are forever and that the step they took to be married and baptize will help their young family.

Laura`s Mom and Sister attended the sunday service for their confirmations. They loved it and want to keep attending and learning more. Franco and his wife our giving us a lot of referrals to teach other people. I know that they will be a strong united family in the church. The Cardozo family have a special place in my heart. They are so special. And I know that God loves them and has a great plan for them.

On top of planning the marriage and baptism and teaching all the lessons they lacked, nothing much more happened. But we have a lot progressing for April for baptism and we are excited to harvest.

Everything is good over here. No photos this week. Sorry. The cyber won`t let me. 🙁

Love you guys!

Élder Batman
Rama Pizarro
San Ramon de La Nueva Oran, Salta
La Misión Argentina Salta

No comments:

Post a Comment